I love Harry Potter books, though I wasn’t enamored of books 5 and 7, I get that it’s extremely difficult to maintain such high quality writing over that many books. Hats off to J.K. Rowling for completing the series!
Some people don’t like the books, and I agree, they aren’t great literature. But I’ve been know to read just for story, and seeing how this series is really intended for kids, it’s right on. I’m able to judge, since I taught writing for kids for 5+ years for the Institute of Children’s Literature. I know a good book when I read one.
So, all of the controversy aside, here are some Harry Potter trivia questions to precede the newest movie, which I hope is better than that last book, really. I can’t believe that they actually cut that into two movies. There wasn’t that much meat to begin with. Anyway, here goes:
- What’s Professor Dumbledore’s first name?
- Who was the second Defense Against the Black Arts teacher?
- Who is Harry’s godfather?
- Who killed Belatrix L’Estrange?
- What’s the worst possible “Any Flavor Bean” you can eat?
- What’s the name of the Wizarding World’s newspaper and who’s its star reporter?
- What vessel did Harry peer into to see Dumbledore’s (and others’) memories?
- What are the names of the Weasley twins and what’s the name of their magic shop?
- Who is the half-blood prince?
- Who played the real Bartimus (Barty) Crouch, Jr. in The Goblet of Fire?
If you don’t know the answers, I dare you to look them up. Post them here, and let’s see who has the highest Harry Potter I.Q.